(NC) Good oral health is the cornerstone of overall health and well-being and it is the key to a happy and productive life, say dental hygienists. In fact, why not dedicate ourselves to a daily oral hygiene routine with benefits that will last a lifetime, they suggest? All it takes is five simple steps:
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste.
2. Floss between your teeth daily.
3. Rinse using an antiseptic mouthwash.
4. Make healthy food choices.
5. Choose to be tobacco free. Tobacco products can stain your teeth and increase your risk of developing oral cancer.
Add a checkup every six months and, all combined, you’ll have a happy, healthy smile.
written by www.newscanada.com