Oravital CPCx 1L Mouthwash
Oravital CPCx is a cetylpyridinium chloride and 3.1% xylitol maintenance rinse that is available in a 1L container.
CPCx has a mild minty flavour and is pleasant to use. CPC has a similar action to chlorhexidine gluconate in that it disrupts the bacterial cell membrane leading to lysis and death and is active against a wide variety of aerobic and anaerobic bacteria. The clinical efficacy of CPC in reducing biofilm accumulation is well documented. The natural sweetener xylitol interferes with the growth and reproduction of many carbohydrate- based bacteria including Streptococcus mutans. CPCx is effective against gram- positive bacteria as well as many gram- negative bacteria. CPCx is the rinse of choice for people who are caries prone.
Directions for use
1. After completing your recommended oral home care routine specific to your oral needs administer 15ml of the CPCx rinse into a cup.
2. Swish the rinse vigoursly in your mouth paying attention to cover all areas in your mouth including the tongue, cheeks and in-between the teeth.
3. Discard the rinse into the sink.
4. Don’t rinse with water after using the CPCx rinse this can reduce the efficacy of the rinse.
5. Avoid food and drink for one hour after using the CPCx rinse.
6. For the best results use this rinse before bed.